Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sewing Buddy




Time has flown lately. In the back of my mind, I knew my last post was getting further in my past. The college-age daughter had a wish list of items she wanted me to make before she goes back to school. All of a sudden I realized my time to complete those projects was dwindling. So I’ve been spending more than a week with my sewing machine. A 1940s inspired dress and Flapper costume have just been finished. They will make an appearance here later.

While I was immersed in the marathon sewing, two of my devoted canines kept me company. One afternoon, Alexa decided she wanted to nap in the deep, dark dog cave. (Under my work desk). All that could be seen was her nose, which was a good thing. It helped me remember not to kick her. Fortunately, the machine I was using had a start-stop button on it, instead of a foot pedal. It wasn’t too inconvenient to have her nearly on top of my feet.

The Project Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment