Saturday, June 1, 2013

Angus


I guess owning bunnies is addictive, kind of like eating chips. You can’t stop with just one.
After owning Harry Buns for a couple of months, I concluded he’s probably a Lionhead rabbit. Though he does have long hair, he’s going to stay under 5 lbs. and won’t produce as much wool as an Angora. So the search began for a second bunny.
I’m sure I mentioned before that Angora rabbits are difficult to find. That is particularly true around the Houston area. There is one breeder I know of within an hour from where I live. Currently, they don’t have any available rabbits. I kept finding myself coming back to some listings that were in the Dallas area.
A little voice kept whispering to me that picking up a rabbit near Dallas was more than feasible. I had a scheduled trip to South Dakota to help my younger daughter drive her car home for the summer. Like it or not, we usually pass through Dallas on our trips to and from the North. No longer able to withstand the clamoring of my bunny and fiber desires, I sent an inquiry to the seller.
Angus joined our household a month ago. He’s a black English Angora and 3 years old. Right now he’s sporting a summer haircut. But his hair is growing long enough to get a feel for how soft and fine his wool is. I’m dreaming of light-as-air, storm-cloud gray sweaters.
The Project Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment